Friday, August 17, 2007

I remember you!

Had a great Lynn-day. I had my tea in the morning, listened to the news on NPR. Dad arrived, and we had a Project. Hooray! We started taking the wallpaper off the kitchen walls. It is coming off pretty well. Stripping wallpaper is a perfect I'm-a-little-tired project. First, we rolled on the hot water stuff. Then waited on the porch, reading books, and listening to the Cubs for 15 minutes. Rolled on more stuff. Hung out another 15 minutes. Finally, we eased off the wallpaper for a little while. Repeat cycle. We got a whole wall done!

When I was done, I cleaned up (you're welcome, Zack). And, not to worry, I wore my respirator the whole time and was very careful.

And then....I cooked dinner! The season granted me my first ripe tomatoes, and I quickly turned them into a basil, cheese, tomato, garlic pasta, with zucchini slices and lemon dressing (look mom, vegetables!). It was so nice to be able to handle the smells of cooking (and to be awake after 4).

After supper, Zack and I sat down with a funny movie. We laughed and laughed and laughed at the antics of a London policeman - I mean officer - transplanted into a strangely perfect rural village. Meanwhile, I worked on the octopus I am knitting. Seven legs to go!

Then, right before bed, I got a surprise call from a friend. She just wanted to say hi, and to hang out a bit on the phone since I don't get to see her in person much.

So, to recap:
a house project (wallpaper removal)
a creative project (knitting an octopus)
cooking
dinner and movie date with Zack
a surprise phone call from a friend

I remember this person - I think I used to be her.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you will always be that person. we love you!

Unknown said...

Ditto from Connecticut.

Love, mom(2) and dad(2)

Michaela said...

yet another ditto! can't wait to see you when I'm back in Chicago!