Sunday, August 12, 2007

Going out in Style!


I decided that if my hair was going to fall out, anyway, I should at least do something so it could go out in style. Like turning it purple.

My local salon said they could do it, but only if I did a 'consultation' a few days before. I knew that if I dropped the "C" word, they would probably let me skip the pre-meeting, but I didn't particularly want a pity party at a hair salon. And, besides, I was throwing up during the appointed time for the consultation so it felt a bit like fate.


Zack and I seized the bull by the horns and bought purple dye (as purple as you get in a suburban Target...the checker was appalled). Zack was going to do the purple deed, but his hands were too large for the gloves included in the box. So he coached, and I colored. Hilarious. Even more hilarious was Zack using the garden hose in the back yard to rinse the dye out afterwards.


So, enjoy the pictures. (We were laughing too hard - and I was too coated - during the procedure to take photos of the 'during' phase). We are quite fond of the one we call "Breck Girl".

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

A royal departure. It looks fantastic (and don't pretend you haven't been dying - no pun intended - to do this since college)!

Anonymous said...

work it! you look GREAT in the purple. You should consider continuing it at some point in the [hairy] future. :P

Zack said...

I have one word to say: Boooyah!

Unknown said...

I wanted to send long, dangling earings, but Zack said no way. You look super

Anonymous said...

So...now you're a goth chic? Let's chain smoke and listen to the Cure.

Sheila said...

Now all you need is a mani pedi to match. YOu look gorgeous!!!

Love
Sheila

ScottB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ScottB said...

Go Cats!

Wenona said...

Lynn, I love you and your spirit. I am sorry you are going through this and admire your strength and humor. I love the purple hair- I have died my purple a few times and had fun with it. Cinnamon white chocolate cookies from your favorite bakery in Amherst are on their way since I am now far away and can not bring you any food. I am quite sure that you prefer the cookies over my cooking anyway... Count on me as one of your many loving supporters. Love, Wenona

Michaela said...

breck girl? john edwards, eat your heart out!

gabbster said...

You and Prince-- two of the coolest ever..... Purple never looked so lovely.