Sunday, August 19, 2007

Welcome

I just want to say welcome to all the people who are joining us here this week. News about my cancer seems to be spreading, and people have been incredibly great about calling, emailing, and generally getting in touch and showing support. Thanks, too, to everyone who shared my story, and I am glad that you felt the blog would be useful for people. We find it wonderfully therapeutic, and knowing you care about us makes this journey much easier.

The news of the day isn't really anything surprising. I got exactly what I wanted for my anniversary - Zack!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Sixth Anniversary!! Eric and I recently celebrated our forth and remembering our wedding always includes remembering your extremely generous help Lynn (as well as Gabrielle and Michaela!!) in setting up the food and flowers for our reception. Thank you again for this memorable gift. I never even asked you- you just volunteered, cause that is the kind of friend you are! Happy Anniversary. xo, Wenona

Anonymous said...

I almost had a heart attack. Good grief woman. Be careful using the words "cancer" and "spreading" so close to each other. I was already tearing up when I saw that it was actually NEWS that was spreading.

((breathing deeply into paper bag))

gabster said...

Thinking about you all day and wishing you luck through your surgery today..... lit many candles at mass yesterday--each one representing your strength, warmth and spirit.

Berit and James said...

Lynn,

Thinking of you and hope that you are recovering well from the surgery. Thanks for sharing this journey with us, I am close by.

Look forward to seeing you very soon.