Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Over the hill (almost)

I'm officially halfway through what should be the hardest round of chemo. My mom wins huge points for braving Black Friday. Yesterday, I felt well and was able to accomplish lots of things (adhering to the 20:40 rule). Today, though, I feel like I am back at square one. Did I overdo? Did I eat something out of bounds? Is it the luck of the draw? Here I thought I had chemo figured out and all of a sudden I get a nausea curveball.

Anyway, it is back to the couch with a book for me. Keep your collective fingers crossed that it is only a one day thing.

9 comments:

Berit and James said...

Good to hear that you had a good day,Lynn. I guess the only thing to do is take one day at a time. Frustrating, I know, especially if you like planning stuff ahead of time.

What are you reading at the moment? I just started the Kite Runner. Did you pick up Middlesex yet? It's worth it, the storyline is peculiar and it is beautifully written!

Anonymous said...

I wish my stupid magic wand was working. I hate it when my fairy powers are on the fritz.

Sending you good vibes...

gabster said...

Want to send a special congratulations to Lynn for being honored by Northwestern University's Sociology Department for the Winch Award for Outstanding Teaching for her freshman seminar course! She was also awarded honorable mention for her teaching in an undergraduate honors course! Two awards in one day--- only Lynn could achieve this incredible feat!

Anonymous said...

yea Lynn. We are all so proud of you.

Anonymous said...

Hoy here,
Don't forget hills have 2 sides. Sounds like you'll be coasting soon!

Berit and James said...

Congrats on the awards,Lynn!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Lynn! Having seen how wonderful all the course elements integrated, and having talked our way through the experience together, I know you deserved it. I still think your description, syllabus and final paper topic read like the textbook example of how to design a great course! (erin)

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work, Lynn. Both you and Zack are showing incredible and admirable courage, determination, and resiliency. You will both get through this, we know. Sheila, I, and your two little nieces are also proud of you!

matthew said...

Two awards? Holy schmatz! You're 42 kinds of awesome.