Saturday, December 8, 2007

Did Someone Get the License Plate?

We had a bit of a scare today when I got unwrapped to take my shower. Over the last few days, it seems the bruises from surgery have really developed. Dr. L warned us about this (I think - I wasn't really with it in the hospital...hellooooooooooo morphine drip). But neither of us tracked whether bruising was OK, or worrisome, or maybe both. Either way, I woke up in extra pain this morning, so when we discovered the fantastical colors hiding underneath the bandages, we called Dr. L. He wasn't sure what Zack was describing, so asked us to send pictures. That's right - we emailed digital pictures of my mottled, lumpy, steri-stripped chest to the doctor on a Saturday morning. Anyway, he called back and said everything looked fine, and to just keep up with the pain meds. So now you know, if those pictures end up posted on some celebutante website, just how it all started.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello dear cousin -- Just curious, what facial expression did you choose for these photos??? Random thought, but I did have to giggle a little at the complete strangeness of such an exercise.....not your typical Saturday morning activity!! Glad you are feeling better and better...love you much......xoxo

Zack said...

Actually, as the photographer, I figured that avoiding Lynn's face in the pictures was a better idea. Her face, off camera, was inquisitive and potentially pensive. No pouty or snarly for the fans.