Saturday, September 8, 2007

Chemofog

Chemofog: the low wattage brainpower associated with chemotherapy leading to aimless wandering from activity to activity.

Unfortunately, Chemo #3 seems to have kicked my tail both mentally and physically. I've been keeping my bucket close by for the last several days, and have been napping more than before. I seem to be coming out of the physical doldrums today(phew), but finding something engaging to do at my current brainpower is proving a challenge. I'll try sewing stuff next - I want to recover a couch, which should tire me out pretty well. But right now, I am bored...and bored of being bored.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Dear Cousin...I've been thinking back to my pregnancy with Katherine....when I was feeling quite "foggish" with nausea, itching, swollen-ness, and exhaustion....so tired I couldn't do anything meaningful like read and retain info, but so wanting to do things...so, this may sound really "queer" but I cleaned drawers, closets, and other assorted little spaces out. I would take one drawer, shelf or space and tackle it...maybe 20 - 30 minute mini projects...it made me feel productive and accomplished, while not overly taxed...in the end, my entire house got cleaned out and organized over time. I also watched tv....a lot of stuff I wouldn't normally allow myself to watch...but I learned alot about things I didn't know could even be remotly interesting....history channel, HGTV, bios on the stars (okay, I'm embarassed on that one) and I confess Dr. Phil (this made me feel much better about my own life as well as like a jr. psychologist...). For what it's worth..... hope this helps...love you lots...xoxoxoxoxoxoox B'Sarah