Thursday, October 25, 2007

Winter is Here -- It Left Its Card

Cold and wet---it's coming. Just around the corner if you were looking. At least you can sleep more this Sunday. It's just an hour, but I take what I can get. Firewood comes in this weekend. I think I'm ready almost.

I am nervous about Winter. I realize myself to be very effected by the sun. Winter in this area has very little sun and I don't have the time to get down. Part of the reason why it's so important to get to the gym soon. If I can bolster up the immunity and morale through exercise, the weather will affect me less. Motivation to start is very elusive.

I gave up sugar the other day when I got sick again. I am going for 20 days first and see where I go from there. Arbitrary tasks keep me moving it seems---with arbitrary deadlines.

Bored? Listen to some of this: http://www.jonathancoulton.com/store/downloads

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that Daylight Savings Time was moved back a week this year to November 3rd. You'd better check or else you'll really be confused if yours is the only clock that is set back an hour.

mom

Zack said...

Just another way the president has confounded me. I'll sleep an extra hour in protest.

Michaela said...

I just looked it up - weird - the US and Canada are now Nov 3rd, but Europe is staying on the 28th....

Erin said...

hmm thats the thing about the equator. no daylight savings time. just sun up at 5:30, sun down at 6:00.

And lately life has made me a big believer of physical issues with puny titles, like Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS) and Seasonal Affect Disorder (SAD). I think I have both. In the tropical sun I think I'll be w/o SAD this year. Perhaps you should visit :)