Monday, November 5, 2007

Stage 1: Complete

Ok, so not really, but next Wednesday is the last treatment before surgery. Hard to believe that over three months ago this all started. This is probably the hardest part beyond just finding out. We are both mentally getting ready for the surgery. It is, in some respects, almost impossible to understand and get my head around. I can't imagine what this would be like. Thanksgiving will be very different for us this year.

I'm not sure how we'll work out visits and such after Thanksgiving, but we're thinking the week prior and the week after surgery are probably a "no-visit" zone at home. A great deal depends on how well/quickly Lynn heals. We're both just trying to get things done so that our house is a focus of peace for those two weeks.

I believe Lynn is in the hospital for two days after surgery, so I'll be sleeping on the chair if they let me. I'm really nervous--will be off work for the week as I'll be a basket-case anyway.

2 comments:

matthew said...

Can we bring you HotPockets?

Anonymous said...

I highly recommend throwing a fit until they let you sleep on the chair.