Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Nerves and News

So, we leave in a few minutes for my post-radiation "so now what" appointment with my oncologist (the much praised Dr B). Before I came down, I found myself dithering about lipstick, and what to wear. I even tried to brush my hair. (For the record, half an inch is still too short to brush...or even to do that brush it all forward and make the front stand up hairstyle that has been popular among my students. The male ones.) I caught myself doing my nervous routine and laughed. Do I think my prognosis will be better if I look better? That I can somehow get out of the next steps if I just look healthy enough? Ah well, we all need these reminders that human logic doesn't always correspond to cold logic.

3 comments:

matthew said...

I have one word for you: faux-hawk

Berit and James said...

I must agree with Matthew, faux-hauks are totally hot!

Thinking of you, and sending a big hug.

Berit

Anonymous said...

Positive thoughts from us!