Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Joys of Responsibility

The head of nursing came by this afternoon and was really great. Seems that our hospital is having an influx of new patients and nurses from another hospital and it's causing major issues. She said that she would insure that Lynn had her personal staff taking care of her tonight. Needless to say, between that and the PICC line, tonight should be better.

Dr Se also stopped by and said the lab really has nothing. They are concerned about the infection and there is now a high probability that the spacer will have to come out. The big hope is that the implants will then go in, but the first priority is Lynn's health. Looks like we are here overnight again and we'll see what happens tomorrow.

I will be going to work tomorrow as I've been neglecting it a bit too much while here (not that I feel even remotely guilty about it--let's get the priorities straight, right?). Thanks to those on stand-by for hospital shifts. Lynn will love the company and I will feel better with someone here. I will be stopping by in the morning on my way to work and in the evening on my way home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so just to recap, L is clean on these new path reports and could soon have big-old-knockers?!?!!? Look out world!

Just kidding (you did say you were going for DDs right? hahaha.

Hope all is well today.

LBN