Monday, March 17, 2008

What the...???

Dr L came out to chat with us about Lynn (yes, he was only supposed to visit today, but this is Dr L, so...). He said he spoke with Drs I, H and W about Lynn and he's concerned about her. The irritation on the right side that we thought was just residuals of the radiation might actually be an infection. He is going to make sure she gets antibiotics and he thinks she is here overnight at least.

He is hoping that with antibiotics that the infection can be contained (if it is indeed one). I got the impression that his concern is not just about infection and fluid pocketing related to it but also about having to remove the implant on that side completely. I hope that this ends up being nothing. Possible ultrasound tomorrow to check for fluid.

Still no word on Lynn or on Dr H about how things went with the surgery, but I will update when I can.

No comments: