Thursday, April 24, 2008

Last Steps

"I'm so bummed." - Dr L

Yah, I guess we all hoped that this would work out, but at this point, I think we are all done (Lynn most of all) with pain, what ifs and one more things. Torn between looking "strange" and being uncomfortable, this was a hard decision for Lynn. My feeling is that if you have a choice between living in pain and not living in pain, choose the latter.

Dr H happened to be in the area this morning so we got to have a nice chat with her. We won't see her for a while, which leaves a mixed emotion. We both like her a great deal, but visits can mean not so good things. Lynn needs a doctor break---maybe we could have them all over for dinner so we could see them but not have it be a medical thing. I wonder if that is ever done.

Lynn was wheeled out at 1pm almost on the dot with the anesthetic already kicking in. Dr L says no more than 1.5 hours. Clock is now ticking.

No comments: