Monday, August 6, 2007

Day One

We went for our first visit today. I'll leave it to Lynn to give the details, but at this point we have a routine. Tuesdays for blood tests (until they're in house at the Oncologist's office), Wednesdays for chemo and Thursdays for growth hormone. We got another booklet of scripts that I'm off to fill. Antibiotics, anti-nausea, anti-friggen everything. Go modern medicine!

Every visit has so much information that it's hard to not get overwhelmed. Interesting news for those viewing from home: Lynn cannot be exposed to ANY sickness. One of the benefits of chemo is an extremely low white blood count. So keep that in mind if/when you are planning to visit.

2 comments:

gabster said...

Finally got my internet fixed and just got the amazing amazing news. I am crying as I read your blog. I am off to call my parents who are asking me daily for updates as well......... I think a Pride and Prejudice marathon is in order with sour cream almond pound cake to top it off.........

Anonymous said...

The whole no-exposure-to-anything policy is a good one but makes me nervous about bringing a small snot-nosed child to visit. I would like to volunteer for Monday Lynn duty but am concerned about Dylan. I'm also still waiting to see what my babysitter schedule will be, since I need to work when I have one. However, if all works out according to plan (my plan, that is), I should be able to come up Mondays or Tuesday afternoons any time Dylan is fully and completely healthy. The big question now is: will Lynn want a little guy scooting around and making noise, or would it be better not to come at all? I will not be offended either way, nor will I let any answer prevent me from seeing Lynn on a regular basis (weekends are always an option). On another note, my mom and dad both say "Yay for clean CT scans" (okay, my mom says "Yay" and my dad says something that sounds like "Good" but shorter and with a lot of emphasis), and my mom sends over-the-phone hugs to Lynn AND Zack. And I send them over the interweb.