Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Leg bone connected to the....

Today we started the whirlwind of tests. Dad took me to LFH for a bone scan to see if the cancer had spread to my bones. (Three cheers for a dad who drives 2 hours each way to drive his daughter back and forth to the hospital twice, waits in the waiting room for a few hours, AND buys her lunch.) The bone scan entailed getting a large shot of radioactive dye. Several hours later, Dad and I went back to the hospital for the scan itself. The tech strapped me to a very narrow table, even rubber-banding my feet together so that they didn't move. She then programmed a huge camera to slowly move up my body and do the scan. Painless, but a little tiring. (of course, that could also be because I couldn't have any coffee today) And, I got a cool souvenir picture of my skeleton to take home!

For more information on bone scans, this was a good description (mostly because there is a picture of the scan): http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/Bone-Scan?page=1

The scan didn't show anything really worrying, though Team MD want to keep an eye on my shoulders. One test down, two more to go.

No comments: