Monday, November 19, 2007

Chemo 8 Complete!

With a bow and flourish, we happily announce that we are finished with the first batch of chemo! Hooray! I had one bad day (Saturday), but have overall been OK. So, now, we are hoping and wishing and praying as hard as we can that this last round of Taxol will clean up all the remaining tumor, as this would remove the need for more chemo next year.

It has been a tumultuous last few weeks, trying to integrate the joy of being nearly finished with chemotherapy, the dread of upcoming surgery, and the terror of the possibility of more chemo and what that could mean. Thankfully, we get a few weeks off to process everything that has happened before we need to assimilate any new information. Although "wait and see" is not really something Zack and I are good at, we are grateful for a little break (or, we could just be too tired to worry about anything else right now). After surgery, we'll start another round of doctor's appointments to plan the next stages, and we should have a revised plan by Christmas. Right now, though, we are focused on Thanksgiving/Christmas with the Gazley clan, eating, drinking, and making merry.

7 comments:

Berit and James said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Berit and James said...

Hope you and Zack had a nice weekend, and that you had the energy to celebrate the end of chemo. It is wonderful that this part of it is complete!

James and I are off to Bellingham for the holidays on Wednesday. I look forward to the turkey, working on my knitting project, and hunting for- and decorating- the Christmas tree with the Taylors.

Hope you will have a wonderful holiday with the family, and that you take some time to wrap yourself in a warm blanket and read a couple of chapters of the book. I can't wait to discuss it with you!

Big hug,
Berit

PS: For your clean eating holiday menues, check out this site:

http://www.eating-clean.com/

Also, here is the link to the cookbook I told you about (The Eat Clean Diet Cookbook, by Tosca Reno).

http://www.amazon.com/Eat-Clean-Diet-Cookbook-Great-Tasting-Recipes/dp/1552100448

Berit and James said...

Sorry, that was me deleting my first comment on accident. I'm kinda new at this blogging thing. LOL

Anonymous said...

Chris, Savi & I are in Nevada now for the holidays. I forget how weird Las Vegas is (you know exacty what I mean) but there is no denying my roots-- I am homegrown and you may be able to take the girl out of Vegas but not the Vegas out of the girl! My mother and father send you their love Lynn. Last night at the dinner table, we reflected on your visit out here and what an immense joy it was to have you stay with my family. I am driving the Lincoln this morning to run errands and I wish you were here to take the wheel from me as you know I can't drive!!! Hope you get plenty of rest this week and have a wonderful time with your family.
Much Love
Gabster

Erin said...

Enjoy your annual family thanksgiving/christmas celebration. we will be thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! You have done a great job getting through all this chemo.

My family is thinking of you and we are around if we can help with anything.

XOXO
Laura Beth

Michaela said...

Felicitations de France!! :)
love, nawng k