Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Drain Free

Another big milestone on the way to recovery - Dr. L took out the surgical drains! Hooray!

At this point, I am still very sore but the sharp pain seems to be over. My mobility is coming back slowly, but a lot of my strength has returned. For the first week, walking upstairs left me panting and shaky. A shower was enough to exhaust me for several hours. Yesterday, though, I showered, dressed, walked downstairs, and made myself breakfast before I needed a rest. It's not the Chicago Marathon, but it was a dramatic improvement over last week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This all sounds so great! I am delighted that it is going so well. Keep up the good healing work.

Erin said...

keep up the good work. I like the chicago marathon comparison. just make sure the organizers of you event dont run out of water or let people pass out. Big, but gentle, hug.

Berit and James said...

Lynn,

Wonderful news. I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better and stronger every day.

I am leaving for Norway today to celebrate the holiday with family. I will be back the first week of January, and I very much look forward to seeing you then.

I hope you and Zack will have a wonderful and peaceful holiday.

Juleklem fra

Berit

PS: translation: Christmas hug from...