Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Good Morning! Nice of You Guys to Drop By.

At about 5am I was up with the nurse's second check of the overnight shift. This might be the one time in my life where I'm very glad I'm a light sleeper. I think I slept about 4-5 hours between 10 and 5am, which is just fine with me--I'm awake enough now and helping to dispense some of the meds while Lynn sleeps some more. She was awake with me at 5am and had some pretty intense pain, but also wasn't on pain meds all night while we both slept.

At this point it's all about sleep and pain meds. The nurse mentioned water, broth or tea, so I am assuming they are hoping that she will take down more fluids and even some nutrients soon. Hard to do while she is sleeping, but I want her to continue to do that while I'm awake and can dispense pain meds for her. I figure if I can keep this up for the next 2 hours, she'll wake up considerably better than before--painwise.

For those of you playing at home, we are here at least until noon, but we won't know when we will be leaving until much later. Given Dr. L said that he would stop by in the morning or after, I wonder if he was assuming closer to evening. I think the name of the game today is nutrients/fluids and getting out of bed for Lynn. I'm not going to rush getting her home.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think, for a man, it is worse than having a baby. While the woman is doing all the work, the man, at least is in the room usually giving support. He can see what is happening. When the man can only sit in the waiting room without information, while his wife is being operated on, it must be almost unbearable. You and in fact both of you are an example of what it means to be in love.

Anonymous said...

Zack,
Let us know when is the best time for Lynn to be accepting visitors. We love you both.
Gab & Chris

Anonymous said...

Hi Zach -- Thank you so much for your diligent postings here...it's such a life line for us!! Please tell Lynn that we are thinking about her 24/7.....with that said, we are thinking about you too :-) Please give her a kiss from me. It's almost 8:00 your time so you must be ready for a nap by now.....xo B'Sarah

Michaela said...

have been thinking about you both all night and day. I don't want to call in case it is a bother or one of you is sleeping, but do know that we ALL are thinking about you constantly.
love michaela

Michaela said...

p.s. I heart the Internet for making these communiques possible!