Thursday, December 6, 2007

Snow Day

For all those times I wished I didn't have to go out and shovel and get to work when it was snowy out, I have today. Sometimes you forget to appreciate the days you were wishing for at other times (is that english?).

We both slept fairly well last night. Bedtime was around 8ish after meds and clearing the drains. We didn't wake up until close to 8am this morning with a break at 4am for more pain medication. Drain output this morning was less, which is a good thing (I have to get over the thoughts that I'm doing it wrong). The pain medication is weaker than at the hospital so I am going to call Dr. L and see if we can do Ibuprofen in addition to what she is already taking.

Breakfast was green tea and a fruit smoothie (frozen strawberries, banana and milk). Lynn wishes she felt better. She was hoping to be sitting in a chair downstairs by this morning but we'll see if she's up for stairs this afternoon. Mingus came up instead as he was tired of being ignored. I'm thinking of making some banana bread this morning/afternoon as an enticement into eating more solid foods.

Update: Dr. L approved Ibuprofen. We'll see how that works today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I make good banana bread -- with or without nuts?

Anonymous said...

Good thoughts & vibes on these cold days Lynnie! I hope you are able to get vertical enough to enjoy book or BSG Razor. Kisses and hugs.

Zack said...

If it's for Lynn, definitely nuts. If it's for both of us, half nuts? Is that even possible?