Friday, February 29, 2008

Surgery Details

Met with Dr. H yesterday about the next round of surgery. She says it is a very straightforward laproscopic procedure, so the recovery time (pain and movement-wise) should be quite short. She did warn that, particularly with everything else I have been through, I will probably need a good month to recover from the surgical fatigue. More - ahem - exciting will be the instant onset of full-blown menopause. I got a taste of it while on chemotherapy, but the surgery will bring on the real deal. I am not looking forward to it by any means, but it has got to be better than chemo.

Dr. H will coordinate with Dr. B to make sure there isn't anything else she needs to do while we're in there, then get the procedure scheduled for the next few weeks. In some ways, I feel like a car. "Hey, Cooter, ya wanna throw in a new valve cover gasket while you're in there? Save me the price of the labor in 20,000 miles..."

So, to sum up: outpatient surgery, fully anesthetized, laproscopic, month of recovery.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a friend who recently had her gallbladder removed laproscopically. If you want to talk to someone who's had laproscopic abdominal surgery, I'm sure she'd be willing.

--Lynette