Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Another Day, Another New Wrinkle

So, I got a call from Dr. H today. She's been conferring with a gynecological oncologist (Dr. W) about my case. Turns out, in people with my particular combination of genetics and aggressive cancer, a slightly more complicated surgery is necessary. I'll get more details on Thursday, when I meet with Dr. W. (The advantage to being an 'extremely high risk' case is that docs find time for you.) What we know now, though, is that the surgery will have to be abdominal instead of laproscopic and that my uterus is on the chopping block along with my ovaries.

I'm pretty unhappy about the whole thing. I'd rather not have an abdominal incision - recovery is much harder, and, well, to be honest, I'd rather not gain any more big scars. Not that I intend on showing up in a bikini anytime soon, but still. I'm also disappointed that yet another of my organs has turned into a dangerous sleeper agent that must be removed for my safety. And the timing, frankly, sucks. I'd intended this to be a time of healing and celebrating. Instead, I'm feeling sucker punched.

More details Thursday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Relax Lynn, scars can make you sexy sometimes.. ;)

miss you

K