Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Wrath of Zack

There are few things that will actually get me angry. Not treating Lynn like she is the most important thing ever I can let go, but not treating her like a human being I can not.

So I got to the hospital at 6:30 am and Lynn was beside herself. It seems she slept very little because the nurses were constantly trying to fix the IV line. They actually had to move the line because of an occlusion which meant many more sticks because they just couldn't seem to get a vessel. Needless to say, the service last night was terrible at best (that is more a comment on how they administered versus a comment on their competence). I am going to have a conversation with my favorite head nurse today.

Dr L stopped by to check on her. He thinks things look better, but is waiting to see what Dr Se has to say about the infection. Everyone is waiting for the lab results. They may put in a PICC line just in case there is an IV antibiotics. Right now we are waiting for the blood results too as her hemaglobin is low.

I just want to get her home.

No comments: