Sunday, August 5, 2007

The Best Diet Ever

So a month ago, my doctor told me to lose 40 pounds - permanently. Over the past week I've had enough sweets to even make me want a salad. I lost 2 pounds. Sometimes there are cool things that happen for no reason.

At this point Lynn is done with all tests. We just sit around and wait for the final results (MUGA and CT) and interpretations to filter in. Next Monday (not Wednesday) Lynn has her first dose of chemo. I am lucky to have a boss/job as flexible as mine - it was not a problem to get Monday off at a moment's notice. Tuesday is the growth hormone (paired with chemo to allow Lynn to receive a treatment every two weeks instead of three) and the surgery consult.

After all the flurry of activity, it's hurry up and wait. And cross fingers. And burn sacrificial chickens.

And try not to have that one last cookie.

No comments: