Thursday, August 30, 2007

My Career is Playing the Lottery. What's Yours?

I think we've all been there (if you haven't your better than me--don't rub it in). Looking at your life and what you have and where you're going and you think to yourself, if I could only win the lottery.....then I could do X.

I have an overactive brain. I've come up with schemes. I've developed algorithms. I even convinced myself at one point that I could actually win. The odds haven't changed. It is almost 100 times more likely that I'll get struck by lightning. I was in a car that was struck once---does that count? 99 more to go!

I actually have quite a few altruistic things I would do with the money after Lynn and I blew the first few hundred thousand. It kind of shocks me how my disposition has gone from loving the people of the world, to hating them, and back and forth.

Until then---we all still have our dreams.

1 comment:

Michaela said...

mine is looking at petfinder for shaggy dogs who need homes - someday, I see myself being the 'crazy dog lady'...... :)