Thursday, August 9, 2007

Today Was a Good Day

...In the immortal words of Ice Cube.

As bad as yesterday was, today was good. Thanks to Sarah for coming up anyway because I was worried. Not only was Lynn not nauseous at all, but she had energy. I was treated to a pulled pork sandwich for dinner! I almost cried I was so happy (no, about her being well, not the pork). :-D

Addendum: We think it was the pain medication that caused the nausea. Great, huh?

I picked us up a crock pot so I can create some (hopefully edible) food stuffs. I think it's going to be a good thing for me to be able to put stuff together and then set it to cook while I'm away. As long as I don't create nauseating smells, it means I can add to the menu. Recipes are welcome.

Thanks to all of you who send get well cards. Lynn was very grateful.

4 comments:

wolfcat said...

Hope and relief are two very powerful emotions. I am glad to hear you relieved and with a hint of hope of some level of normalcy in this wacked out adventure you are both embarking on. I wish you many more evenings like this one in the next four months.

With hope and love.

Zack said...

Indeed! Especially as she is already out cold for the evening.

Unknown said...

Zack, finally! Something I can do. Crock pot recipes. Are there any limitations, spices, etc.

Love, mom

ScottB said...

More sleep = good

I hope the rest of this two week stretch goes as well as today did. When it comes to cooking, crock pots rule. You can make half a week's worth of meals at one time. Here's a link to over 1,400 recipes full of crock pot goodness:

http://southernfood.about.com/library/crock/blcpidx.htm